Everything, including newborn babies need communication. The more you find for time to communication with the child, the quicker he develops. Therefore it is necessary to endow it with all attention from the very first days of life.
1. Talk to the kid as often as possible. He has to hear your speech quicker to get used to it and to learn to perceive it at first at the level of sounds, and later - words. Everything that he learns at early stages of development, occurs by means of you. And let he will understand not at once that apple is exactly apple, but the more he will obtain information in the form of words from you, the quicker he will be prepared for their reproduction.
2. Acquaint the child with dialogue, dispose to active communication. It becomes by means of numerous questions. If the kid pulls you and makes some sounds, thereby letting know that he needs the ball gone under a bed do not start at once getting it. At first ask the kid that it is necessary for him why he will not get a toy as it got there. Certainly, all details of the event and consequences will be expressed only by several sounds or attempts of words. But the main thing the fact that you will involve the kid in a conversation. Also do not forget to encourage any his answers.
3. Remember that the child has to perceive from you exclusively positive intonations. Do not abuse at all the kid as he is not able to understand what you want from it. Shouts and threats you only do much harm to its thinly arranged mentality or at all will push away from yourself.
4. Do not distort a word, communicating with the kid. It is a widespread mistake of many parents. The kid perceives a baby talk is not better at all, than the normal, correct speech. Thus you will achieve only that the kid will remember incorrect pronunciation of words, having been sure of its correctness. Keep in mind what to retrain is much more problematic, than to learn. Therefore approach mortgaging of bases of a passive lexicon with all responsibility.
5. Consider together pictures, describe them to the child, read fairy tales, sing children's songs, tell rhymes, in every possible way acquaint the child with the world, bright and curious. And let he will begin to understand them not at once, but will perfectly feel the emotions accompanying them, and for him it is a huge flow of valuable information.