The guelder-rose red long since is famous for the unique curative properties. Its fruits contain huge "well" of vitamins and minerals which have medical effect on a human body. Berries of a guelder-rose have very specific taste, are slightly bitterish therefore instead of using them in the raw, preparation of tasty, fragrant and useful jam will become an optimal variant.
Than it is useful and from what guelder-rose jam helps
The guelder-rose is rich in improbable quantity of active components which render the strengthening, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, antibacterial action.
Thanks to the high content of vitamin C, the product allows to strengthen the immune system, to increase protective functions of an organism. Its regular use significantly reduces percent of incidence of catarrhal viral or infectious diseases during the winter period.
Kalinovy jam possesses anesthetics and anti-inflammatory properties which allow to cope with digestive tract problems, including, an ulcer, gastritis, heartburn. Moderate consumption of a product positively influences a condition of integuments, eliminates rashes and pimples, saves from gnoynichok and eels.
Well remove cold symptoms such herbs and berries as: ginger, thyme, dogrose, sage, green onions, clover, wild strawberry.
Components of a product have sedative effect, calm nervous system, remove stresses, save from a depression and insomnia. This delicacy can provide fine prevention of formation of cholelithiasis and development of anemia.
We advise you to esteem how to make strawberry jam and pine cones.
What can be harm
At quite impressive list of useful properties, the sweet from a guelder-rose can do harm.
It is recommended to refuse the use:
- to pregnant women and nursing mothers;
- to the people having chronic diseases of a liver;
- that who suffers from the increased blood clotting and formation of blood clots;
- to the diabetics and people inclined to obesity.
It is important! Even if the person has no obvious contraindications to application of kalinovy jam before bringing it in the diet, it is necessary to consult surely with the attending physician. Especially at the use by children.
At the correct addition in a diet and the competent use, guelder-rose jam will not do any harm, will be able to show all the most valuable properties.
Recipe of crude jam
The most important problem which face at preparation of jam from a guelder-rose is a specific smell of berries which, at traditional cooking, does not disappear. In an arsenal of the famous culinary specialists several recipes of delicacy which will please not only the amazing taste, but also a pleasant smell are hidden.
Stock and kitchen equipment
In the course of preparation several types of kitchen utensils are required:
- stewpan or small pan with a thick bottom;
- glass bowl for mixing of ingredients;
- glass jars for storage of delicacy.
We recommend to you to esteem about useful properties of such fruit and vegetables as, corn, pumpkin, unab, durian, avocado, pomegranate, a feijoa, mango, banana, a kiwi, mango, orange, a lime and Pamela.
For preparation of crude fragrant and useful jam it is necessary to take the following products:
- crude berries of a guelder-rose — 200 g;
- sugar — 400 g;
- fresh mint, melissa and thyme — 1 big bunch;
- ginger – 1 tsp.
Preparation of jam happens in several steps:
- Grind guelder-rose berries through a sieve and mix with sugar in a proportion 1:2.
Whether you know? The guelder-rose differs in surprising structure thanks to which the jam made from berries becomes full-fledged medicine.
- Wash out greens in a bunch, dry and crush in the blender.
- Shift the crushed greens in a stewpan, add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a little water, you boil 1 minute.
- Wring out juice from greens and mix it with kalinovy puree.
Important! Irrespective of a way of preparation, with a guelder-rose always add to jam some sugar twice bigger, than berries.
- Add 1 tsp of powder of ginger to kalinovy mix and carefully mix.
If delicacy turned out too liquid, it is possible to add a little sugar. The received sweet needs to be put in the fridge that sugar was dissolved, then to shift in a clean glass container. Crude means is stored under polyethylene covers in the fridge.
Recipe of boiled jam
The jam made in the traditional way — by cooking — has more dense and dense consistence, a delicate, refined taste and can remain for several months.
That delicacy played new, bright and unusual paints, add other useful and natural components to it: grapes, pumpkin. This recipe very simple in preparation will also be pleasant even to those who considered a guelder-rose tasteless earlier.
Stock and kitchen equipment
During preparation of a treat, the following kitchen devices will come to the rescue:
- stewpan or pan with a thick bottom;
- glass drinking bowl or bowl;
- banks for storage of a product.
For the second recipe it is necessary to take:
- guelder-rose berries without stones — 200 g;
- sugar — 450 g;
- the baked pumpkin — 200 g;
- fresh grapes — 250 g;
- cinnamon — ½ tsps.
- Wash out pumpkin, cut small pieces and bake in an oven to readiness.
- Grind guelder-rose berries without stones through a sieve, mix with sugar, pour in a stewpan and put on small fire.
- Crush ready pumpkin to a condition of puree by means of the blender.
- Cut grapes, add 1 tablespoon of sugar, fill in with 1 glass of water and boil for 4 minutes that berries became soft.
- Add pumpkin puree to a guelder-rose, mix to uniform consistence.
- Add to jam grapes together with syrup, powder ½ tsps of cinnamon.
- Boil thoroughly mix from a guelder-rose, pumpkin and grapes for 20-30 minutes that its weight decreased twice.
- Pour the received mix in the sterilized banks and close covers.
Whether you know? Pumpkin will impact to delicacy more gentle, distinguished relish, will change its structure to more dense.
Such jam is stored in the dry, dark place.
Useful tips on preparation
Kalinovy jam — simple in preparation, very tasty and useful delicacy. That it kept in itself the maximum quantity of substances, valuable to the person, it is necessary to adhere to some secrets at its cooking:
- as raw materials for future jam it is necessary to choose the ripened berries picked at the end of fall in eco-friendly places. Late fall the guelder-rose gains the strength, berries develop a saturated taste and have small bitterness. In case fruits gathered earlier, then they need to be stood in the freezer;
- that it was simpler to delete stones, berries are recommended to be drenched previously with boiled water;
- for receiving a qualitative, fragrant kalinovy treat, it is necessary from berries to remove fruit stems, to exclude spoiled or rotten fruits;
Important! It is possible to keep a maximum of useful vitamins and minerals in jam only at influence of the minimum temperatures.
- it is possible to check readiness of a product, having dripped its small amount on a plate. If mix did not spread — delicacy is ready.
Guelder-rose jam, thanks to a fast way of preparation and extreme nutrition value, will become a favourite treat on a table of each family. It is perfectly combined with pastries and pancakes, impacts refined sourish relish to tea, saturates it with vitamins.