Wild berries which grew in own, rather isolated from a civilization biological system are a well of useful substances, vitamins, minerals. Their useful and medicinal properties were known to our ancestors long since, but only presently scientists brought scientific justification under advantage or harm of the connections which are contained in various components of these plants. Let's consider in more detail application of leaves of one of the most widespread forest and already cultivated berries — a wild strawberry.
The wild strawberry is a plant, usual for the wood, but supports the whole drugstore not only in the berries, but also in foliage.
Green part of a plant comprises such chemical compounds:
- essential oil;
- acids — lemon and apple;
- cinchonic acid;
- fragarin (the alkaloid called just in honor of a wild strawberry);
Strawberry leaves are considered as the multivitamin means helping with fight against many problems of health. They are capable to facilitate a state having diabetes, avitaminosis and other violations of metabolism. At atherosclerosis and problems with nerves wild strawberry tincture is useful in the soothing purposes to a tonization. The plant also helps as diuretic and sudorific.
Learn from what the cowberry leaf, leaves of raspberry, currant, blackberry, a sea-buckthorn and wild strawberry helps.
Generally speaking, to a degree this plant is the fine toning and preventive a human body drug at a set of illnesses. These in appearance simple bushes can render the serious help in fight against various diseases.
Besides medicine in which the wild strawberry and its leaves can compete to many pharmaceutical drugs this culture is demanded also in cosmetology where it can have positive effect on an organism too.
Prepare tea and tincture from leaves of blackberry, currant, a wild strawberry and raspberry.
The withering skin can receive the second life by means of a wild strawberry — the dried and crushed parts of greens are added to any creams and tonics. Leaves tone up skin, rejuvenate it and also clean and bleach.
Important! For the best rejuvenating effect the crushed leaves infuse on vodka or alcohol.
Broth or tincture can help and from puffiness of the person — diuretic properties of a wild strawberry can be used not only in the medical purposes, but also in cosmetic.
Medicinal properties of strawberry greens are shown in various fields of medicine. The list of the main qualities of this product from "forest drugstore" is as follows:
- poto-, zhelche- and diuretic;
Besides the main useful properties, tincture from strawberry leaflets can improve health of cores, people who are sick with atherosclerosis and diabetes. And if to add some berry of this plant to tincture, then it is possible to reduce blood pressure. Broth is useful and at some problems with intestines — the motility of a stomach improves, symptoms of diseases of a GIT (ulcer, gastritis, colitis, etc.) are weakened, also it promotes improvement of appetite after diseases.
Whether you know? The peninsula of Plugastel on the bank of the Atlantic Ocean in France is known for the museum of strawberry. The museum opened in 1992 stores a set of data not only on strawberry (the cultivated version of a wild strawberry), but also about the wild strawberry.
Harm and contraindications
At all positive effects the described plant in some conditions is capable to do much harm. Contraindications to application of a sheet wild strawberry such:
- inflammation of an appendix in a chronic form;
- insufficient allocation in a stomach;
- chronic diseases of a liver;
- natural feeding on the first months;
If to speak about the last point, then it should be taken into account that berries of a plant are strong allergen. Content of the substances capable to cause any given symptoms of intolerance, in greens is much less, but nevertheless they are there therefore allergic persons need to take with care the drugs with the maintenance of a wild strawberry. Also it is worth being reinsured from reception of parts of a plant at pregnancy.
Preparation of leaves of a wild strawberry
Collect foliage during a summer heat (July, the beginning of August), tearing off two-three leaves from each bush that allows to keep his health and appearance. Collected material is displayed on a plain surface in the dry and aired room. It is quite good to use the usual canopies or awnings providing a shadow and blowing off with air. After drying, raw materials are crushed by means of a razminaniye and displayed in sacks from natural fabric or paper.
Whether you know? Despite absolute dissimilarity, the wild strawberry and a rose are relatives — both plants belong to family of a rose family. It is a paradox: the rose fine flowers also has no berries, and at a wild strawberry ordinary-looking flowers and berries with remarkable flavoring and medical qualities.
Drinks from wild strawberry leaves
There are several recipes for drinks from wild strawberry leaves.
Tea from wild strawberry leaves
Preparation of this drink is not original — he prepares, as well as any other tea. The tablespoon of the kneaded leaves needs to be filled in with boiled water (glass) and to insist about five minutes then to drink. For aroma it is possible to add also some berry of this plant. Such tea helps for cold, also they can rinse a throat.
Broth from wild strawberry leaves
Two tablespoons of raw materials are boiled in 250 ml (glass) of water within 10-12 minutes. Liquids allow to cool down and infuse two hours, then it is filtered. Broth is accepted three times a day on one tablespoon. It is prevention from an urolithic disease, anemia, bronchitis.
Infusion from wild strawberry leaves
The amount of raw materials the same, as at broth preparation, but for receiving infusion does not need to be boiled — to fill in foliage with boiled water enough and to allow to infuse two hours. A dosage and reception same, as well as at the broth use. Infusion treat digestive tract diseases (colitis, ulcers) and a hypertension. For treatment of hemorrhoids it is possible to do lotions by means of gauze napkins or cotton tampons.
The teaspoon of leaves is crushed, in any convenient capacity is filled in with a glass of vodka and infuses week. The turned-out tincture is taken on 30 drops before food. This means increases immunity, and it is useful for prevention of catarrhal diseases.
Get acquainted with such useful berries as: sanberr, raspberry, asa, honeysuckle, sweet cherry, mespilus, blueberry, mountain ash, cherry, watermelon, godzh, guelder-rose, strawberry, sea-buckthorn, hawthorn, dogrose, cornel, cranberry, cloudberries, melon, currant and wild strawberry.
Leaves, similar on properties
All forest grassy berry plants contain in the leaves useful substances in any given quantity. The wild strawberry, though is important berry culture, but it has also competitors.
- In structure: tannins, antioxidants (catechins), vitamin C.
- Medicine: antiseptics with diuretic and bile-expelling effect, febrifuge, astringent when healing wounds.
- Cosmetology: antioxidant abilities of leaves of cowberry are used in the rejuvenating skin creams.
- In structure: tannins, vitamins C, E, K, folic acid, cellulose, magnesium, manganese, iodine.
- Medicine: anti-inflammatory, febrifugal and sudorific influence, well influence at disorder of activity of intestines, considerably reduce effect of a sting of venomous snakes and scorpions.
- Cosmetology: masks from acne rash, conditioners for growth and strengthening of hair.
- In structure: tannins, serotonin, tannins.
- Medicine: universal remedy from diseases of a GIT, cardiovascular and mental diseases.
- Cosmetology: skin diseases can be weakened or cured broths from plant leaves.
Important! The sea-buckthorn contains a large amount of organic acids. Self-treatment by this plant in the presence of gastritis or stomach ulcer can lead to deterioration in a condition of the patient.
- In structure: tannins, salts of metals (manganese, copper, magnesium), phytoncides and flavonoids, vitamins (mainly — vitamin C).
- Medicine: thanks to the high content of vitamin C this plant helps at anemia, avitaminosis and restores an organism after difficult operations, the long course of diseases, the general overfatigue.
- Cosmetology: infusion from foliage of blackcurrant helps with fight against pigmentary spots on a face and freckles, has the bleaching effect and improves skin metabolism.
- In structure: tannins, organic acids, inositol (alcohol which supports normal function of eyes).
- Medicine: anti-inflammatory, diuretic, sudorific and wound healing means which has also soothing effect. Also components of blackberry fasten intestines at poisonings and diarrhea.
- Cosmetology: as well as leaves of other berries, are applied to the rejuvenating front masks.
Generally people pay attention to fruits of berry plants, without knowing what storeroom of useful properties and substances is in foliage of these cultures. Often berry is only beautiful addition to appearance of a plant, and useful substances can be "hidden" much more deeply.