Rigid lambrequins of various forms and design will help to give the finished look practically to any premises. For example, the smooth lambrequin with the borders made of fabric of contrast color will emphasize severity of interior.
It is required to you
- - tape with velcro;
- - stapler;
- - carpet tape;
- - plywood or hardboard;
- - all-purpose adhesive;
- - fabrics for lining;
- - fret saw or saw;
- - curved needle;
- - upholstery fabric;
- - contrast fabrics;
- - pins;
- - sewing machine;
- - leaf of Whatman paper.
1. Calculate fabric consumption. In the beginning it is necessary to determine the desirable width of borders - they will be made of contrast fabric. Carefully measure width of eaves and to add three centimeters is allowance for seams. Take away the planned width of borders from the received size. Determine lambrequin length. For this purpose it is necessary to measure length of eaves and distance from wall to its outer edge. Add the sidewall length increased by two to eaves length.
2. Make the drawing of the front panel and sidewalls of lambrequin on leaf of Whatman paper. Cut curve. Take the sheet of veneer or hardboard and transfer to it the drawing.
3. Cut bracket frame of sidewalls and the front panel of lambrequin by means of the fret saw. Attach sidewalls to framework of the front panel, using carpet tape.
4. Cut out upholstery fabric, leaving allowances and paste it all-purpose adhesive to front part of framework. Let's glue dry out. Cut off surplus of fabric so that she supported edges of framework on 1.7 cm.
5. Take fabric of contrast color and cut out two strips for borders. Width of strips has to exceed the desirable width of border twice. Impose strips on the main panel from face side, carefully even the edges and pin by means of pins. Stitch on the sewing machine so that the seam passed at distance of 1.5 centimeters from edge.
6. Cut out lining fabric on given sizes, leaving 1.5 cm of allowance from all directions. Connect fabric to bottom edge of lambrequin and stitch on the sewing machine.
7. Put lambrequin on table so that its front part lay on surface. Place framework on lambrequin, having combined its bottom edge with lining seam. Pull border strip on internal part of eaves and fix it by means of the stapler.
8. Put lining fabric on the front panel of framework, accurately bend through its upper edge and fasten by means of pins. Invert lambrequin on face side and make sure that borders are located exactly and symmetrically. Fix edges of lining by means of the stapler.
9. Pull material on sidewalls so that they were located at right angle. Sew lining to the main fabric on corners, in position of joints of sidewalls and the front panel. Pin up and sew loopy part of "velcro" to the upper edge.
10. Accurately paste the second part of "velcro" to the upper edge of sides and the front panel. Fix by means of the stapler with step 6-9 centimeters. Record lambrequin on eaves by means of "velcros". Your rigid lambrequin is ready.