At the correct use the hit counter can become the irreplaceable instrument of search engine optimization of your website. It is necessary to begin its use with the choice of the supplier of service of collecting statistics and installation of the necessary code on pages of your web resource.
1. Begin with the choice of service of statistics which counter will be installed. If you the first time face this task, then likely cannot precisely define yet which of statistical data will be useful to the purposes with which your website was created. In this case it is better to consider the first counter fact-finding option during which use the functionality necessary to you will be defined. It means that there is a sense for a start to select that service which is popular among webmasters. One of them - service of statistics of the LiveInternet.ru portal.
2. Register in the selected service. Though it is possible to find the supplier of this service who does not require registration - for example, warlog.ru. If you accept the counter without detailed statistics and what you can see on the picture of the counter in the page of the website, will be enough, then this and the subsequent steps can be passed. If you select LiveInternet service, then for registration it is necessary to pass to the liveinternet.ru/add page and to fill the form placed there.
3. In the form there are fields for the indication of additional alias and subdomains of the key address of your website (Synonyms field). And the main Website URL should be placed in the Address field.
4. Specify your email address in the Email field - it will be used as the login at authorization in the system of statistics. The password for this login should be specified here in two fields of a form.
5. For search of the website in overall rating it is necessary to enter the definitions which are most precisely characterizing your resource in the Keywords field.
6. Having selected one of points in the Statistics selector it is possible to make access to statistical data of your website open or private.
7. The drop-down list "Participation in ratings" is intended for the choice of the section of rating in which your website will be placed. But it is possible to select and item "not participate".
8. Click "Further" when the form is filled. On the following page of a dialog you need to check and validate all in-fed information then the verification letter will be sent to the specified e-mail address. Having followed the link specified in it, you complete registration procedure and get access to management of the statistics where he can select appearance and the code of the counter corresponding.
9. Place the code of the counter received on the website of service in pages of the web resource. For this purpose open the source code of the necessary page. It is possible to make it by means of the editor of pages of a management system of the website or having used the normal text editor, previously having downloaded the file in the computer. When using the editor of pages of a management system it is necessary to switch from the visual mode in HTML editing mode.
10. Find that place where it is necessary to place the counter in the source code, and insert its code. The specific arrangement depends on design of the page, usually select its lower part (footer).
11. Save the made changes. If the file was downloaded from the server, place it back.