The asparagus is the real well of useful substances. Its regular consumption promotes strengthening of nervous system, adjusts work of digestive system, normalizes sugar level in blood and raises the general tone of organism. But to be sure of usefulness and environmental friendliness of product, it is worth growing up asparagus with own hand.
It is required to you
- - asparagus seeds;
- - fabric napkin or gauze;
- - water;
- - earth;
- - peat;
- - potassium permanganate;
- - pots;
- - natural materials for mulching.
1. Couch asparagus seeds: for this purpose place them in fabric napkin or gauze and moisten with water. But before lower seeds in weak solution of potassium permanganate for 2-2.5 hours (it is necessary for disinfecting of seeds). Usually the prorashchivaniye takes from 5 to 7 days. All this time you watch that seeds were in humid environment and air temperature was 23 wasps.
2. Plant the sprouted seeds in small pots on depth of 3-5 cm. The norm of crops of seeds is 13-15 g on 1 square meter. In pots there has to be nutritious soil and as fertilizing a little peat. Place them in the warm light place. After emergence of shoots thin out seedling, leaving distance of 17-20 cm between separate sprouts. Water, fertilize (mineral and organic fertilizers), loosen the soil. Wait until seedling reaches 5-7 cm in length.
3. Pick up the site for planting of seedling. Remember that the asparagus is choosy: she loves the loose soil rich with compost. Be engaged in preparation of the soil for half a year before disembarkation of sprouts: dig over in the fall the site, add phosphatic fertilizers. And dig over plot once again in the spring and enter nitrogen fertilizers into the soil.
4. Dig out furrows 30-35 cm wide and 37-40 cm in depth. At the bottom of each furrow make crest 6-8 cm high. Plant seedling: 1 strong sprout or 2 weak (the distance between them has to make 45-50 cm). If you land asparagus in several rows, take care that width of row-spacings was not less than 1.2 m. Besides at distance of 55-60 cm do not plant perennial plants.
5. Care for asparagus is simple: carry out manual weeding, you enter into the soil fertilizer in the early spring and after fructification and also you make mulching by humus, the crushed wood bark or other natural materials. Just before mulching cut off the turned yellow asparagus at the roots.